Areas Of Emphasis In Our Immigration Law Practice
Los Angeles immigration law attorney David M. Paz Soldan has practiced in the Los Angeles area and Southern California since 1998. David focuses his practice on immigration law because he understands the serious impact that these legal issues have upon a person and their family.
We want you to know that when you work with us, you will have an experienced attorney in your corner, fighting for you. We will work hard to help you remain in the country and keep your family together.
We handle a number of U.S. immigration law matters, including:
- Deportation and removal defense: We protect the rights of individuals facing deportation or removal due to criminal convictions and other immigration law violations.
- Cancellation of removal or adjustment of status concerns: We help individuals with their requests to remain in the country. There is a short period of time in which an individual can seek cancellation of removal to remain in the United States.
- Consular processing and provisional waivers: Individuals can apply for these options in the embassy of their home country to be allowed to live and work in the U.S.
- Immigration bonds and release from detention: We help clients get out of immigration detention centers while their deportation case in pending.
- Post-conviction relief: We reopen criminal cases to vacate or amend convictions to avoid deportation.
- Impact of criminal convictions on immigration status: We advise immigrants and criminal defense lawyers on how to negotiate pleas properly to preserve immigrant status.
- Alien smuggling defense: Our firm defends individuals who have been charged with bringing an alien into the United States illegally.
- Asylum petitions: We help people stay in the U.S. if they have faced persecution in their home country.
- Special visas (victims of crimes or violence): We handle U visas for immigrants who have experienced or witnessed serious crimes and Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) visas for immigrants who have been abused by a spouse.
- Family visa petitions: We help legal residents and citizens obtain visas for spouses, fiancés/fiancées, children, parents and other relatives.
- Green Cards: We help immigrants obtain and protect permanent resident status.
- Naturalization (citizenship): We help clients clear any barriers to become a U.S. citizen, such as having old convictions.
Contact An Experienced Immigration Law Attorney
Se habla español.